Monday, October 26, 2009

Operation Renovation: BYU-Idaho Style

Since I started working at Hollister, I have wanted one of the much coveted six by eight foot posters on the walls. They are changed out for new ones every few months and the associates are more than welcome to take the old ones. However, it seems that every time I find an available poster, it is of a shirtless man. Not exactly the type of artwork I want hanging on my wall.

This weekend, I stopped in to Hollister just to say "hi" and kill some time. I noticed the posters were new so I thought I'd try my luck and see if there were any decent ones being given away. There were two left and they were the same design. A headless, beach-ready couple holding each other in a tight embrace. While this wouldn't have been my first choice, I decided it would do.

I brought the poster back to Rexburg and Shane and I hung it in his and Colton's bedroom. This was a feat in itself considering that it is gigantic and we had to cut it vertically and horizontally.

This is the finished product:


The best part? With a few post-it notes and a "Time and All Eternity" banner, this poster will meet the Student Living Code.

3 comments:

David Mayer said...

I'm doing a Scroll article on student blogs. Would you be willing to give me an interview?

Cody said...

I just received your comment but would be willing to give an interview any time in the future. I read the article and was really impressed. Just let me know.

David Mayer said...

I'm glad you liked the article. Sorry I wasn't able to get ahold of you for an interview before the article was published.

Hope you enjoy the rest of the semester!