Monday, October 19, 2009

Supersize Me, Mister President

I spent this past weekend with my friends in Rupert, Idaho. I had a great time and came back with a great story, too good not to tell. It is set in the home of all things which are lovely and of good report and praiseworthy; McDonalds.


It was lunch on Saturday and because of my prior feelings for the establishment, I wasn't planning on eating anything. However, my hunger got the best of me and I was forced back to the register to order a large fry. After placing my order, the woman behind the counter asked my name. Perhaps it's my fear of identity theft or my sense of humor. Either way, I don't like to tell my name to strangers so in response to her question, I promptly said, "Lincoln".
"How do you spell that?" she asked. "Like the president." I retorted after overcoming the initial shock. The look on her face was priceless. It was like looking into the windows of an abandoned house.

"L-I-N-C-O-L-N." I said patiently, trying to help her out. "Oh, okay. I've never heard that one before."

I went back to the table to tell my friends what had just taken place and heard "Lincoln" called through the speakers. I went to the counter to get my fries, looked at my reciept, and on the bottom saw "Linkon"scribbled down.

2 comments:

Front Porch Friend. said...

Write Whitney a letter and send her a copy of this blog post. She will laugh. And laugh. As much, if not more, than I am laughing now. Eli was almost 'Lincoln' but we thought about spelling it like the band. Linkin Park. JK. Seriously. JK. Next time you are in that McDonald's borrow Tyson's beard. It will be much more effective!

Melanie said...

HAHAH!!! I agree with Joy. .bring the beard! And since I live in little Rupert, you will be here ALL.THE.TIME!!! Yay!! P.S. I miss you!