Thursday, September 10, 2009

'The Spirit of Ricks'

This week, I started my classes at BYU-Idaho. It has been so much fun moving into my apartment, meeting my roommates and getting to know tons of neat, cool people.

As part of our fresman orientation, or "Get Connected", We attended many meetings discussing "The Spirit of Ricks" and the spirit felt on this campus. I have felt this spirit arround my new friends and while attending my classes. However, neither all the rumors I had heard nor stories now funny nicknames for the University could have prepared me for "The OTHER Spirit of Ricks".

At our talent show on Tuesday night, there were a variety of performances. However, the vastly dominating and apparently popular thing to do was sing an original song while playing the guitar. When one boy was in the middle of his performance, a girl stood in the back and screamed as loud as she could "TAKE ME TO THE TEMPLE".

Wow. This really is BYU "I-Do".

2 comments:

Front Porch Friend. said...

I told Cassidy to behave at concerts there. I guess she did not listen to her mother.

KJ said...

bwah ha ha ha ha ha! it's like a disease!