Sunday, August 3, 2008

BMW? Porsche? Mercedes?


I have lived in my current ward for over a year now. At first, I was not open to the prospect of embracing the members of our ward, but over time, I have grow to truely love my ward family. About 8 months ago, the boundaries were changed to encompas what is, for all intensive purposes, my average house and the colossal homes accross the street. Let me restate that i truely do love my ward. That being said, pulling into my church parking lot is like driving through lines of a car show at a luxury auto dealership. Immagine your dream car and i will give you the name of someone in my ward with that car. Hummer, Porsche, Audi, Cadillac, and BMW are just a few of the words and emblems stamped on grills around the building. For now, all I can do is dream that one day, I will have the resources to own a few luxary cars of my oun and still be able to be a generous as the families that I attend church with. But until then, I will just have to drive my Honda Accord to church and park between the Jaguar and the Lexus and pray I don't get door-dinged.

4 comments:

Front Porch Friend. said...

You drive a freakin' Honda, for heck's sake...what more do you need when you're 17? Wait until you're 21 and then the big cars will start rolling in!

Front Porch Friend. said...

JK on the last remark. Did I mention my dream car is a '57 t-bird convertible? Let me know if there is one in the parking lot, and we will arrange to have Cassidy's senior pictures taken on it during your church time!

Kimberly Bree said...

Ha ha. Your ward sounds like a blast... the only cars in my parking lot are mini vans and accords.

Ginny Weasley-Potter said...

Hey! I pretty much enjoyed your post. Although, I don't know if you will have a new car at the age of twenty-one that will resemble your dream car. Hate to dissappoint you, although my mom wanted to encourage you.