Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Golden Years

Last night, I went to visit my grandparents to drop off their Christmas presents and visit for a few minutes. It was a surprisingly nice visit. We talked about my school which led them to the discussion of how they met at college and my grandma being caught trying to shave her legs when the lights went out at 10:30. It is insane to think about how much has changed since those days. The campus only had two stone buildings which have since been demolished and replaced with multiple, modernized buildings.
It was nostalgic for me to hear these stories and think about the things I would one day discuss with my grandchildren. It's weird to think of me being old someday. Will I be one of those cute, little, old men who holds his cute, little, old wife's hand everywhere we go, never spending more than a night apart? Will I be a grumpy recluse who will only leave my house if it's burning down? Or will I be one of the creeps who hangs out at the mall, all day, every day?

I don't really know what type of old man I'll make. I do know, however, that as I age, I hope to have someone with me to hold my hand and make breakfast for and basically everything Cory and Topanga had.

Too. Cute.

2 comments:

Front Porch Friend. said...

You do realize Cory and Topanga aren't together anymore. She has her own show on the E! network and he moved on to being a nobody in the real world. Oh, well, I'll bet they would still hold hands IF they were together!

Rob said...

I have never heard the story of mom and dad at Ricks College. That was kind of funny. This is the first time for me to leave a comment on a blog. This is the first time for me to leave a comment on a blog. I had to sign up with Google just to do it. Any plans for New Years Eve? We are going to Paul's house. Please join us for awhile if you can.