Sunday, September 28, 2008

Homecoming 2008



To start, no, I have not died, I just experienced a lack of enthusiasim about blogging and have felt so busy lately. So, to my faithful readers, i appologize.


On that note, the most exciting thing that has happened to me since landing my new job was most definately the homecoming dance. It was by far one of the best experiences ever. I was very reluctant to go at first but with some gentle nudging of my friends (and their moms) I was pursuaded to attend.

The day was great. We started out by grabbing Sub Way on the way out of town and headed for the mountains. This was the first time in the day I made an idiot of myself when i forgot to bring any money and had to borrow from friends. Once in the mountains, we had our picnic, went "adventuing" and played some ultimate frisbee which was subsided via a terrencial downpour of rain.

When we arrived back in town, we dropped off our dates to get ready for a couple hours. Once everyone was looking their best in their formal wear, e set off for dinner at a friend’s house. After dinner, we went to the dance and walked in just in time to miss the Cha-cha Slide.J We then had our pictures done and from that moment on, “danced the night away”. The dance ended and we went to another friend’s for ice cream dessert.

The whole day was perfect and I want to thank all who made it possible. To Joy, Dylan, Kim, Cassidy, Conor, Mary, Jace, Ryan, Julie, Mrs. Ellsworth, and Mrs. Hilton: Thank you for making every aspect of the day wonderful.


Most importantly, thank you Brittney for being my date and so willing to spend the day with me. It was a blast!

In case Haven't said it enough, thank you everyone!!

3 comments:

Ginny Weasley-Potter said...

Cody...I am glad to see that you have updated your blog! That was such a nice little note about Homecoming, and I will make sure Brittany gets to see it. I am glad that you had such an awesome time! :)

Front Porch Friend. said...

hey, it's 'too late to 'poligize'...ha! ha! When you are grown with children of your own, you, too, will now be able to use your best (or worst) Homecoming memories in persuasion for someone else to 'have the time of their life!' And don't forget, when in doubt, go with cool shoes...they make the man!

whitty said...

First of all, I love that only my family has commented on your blog, not to mention that my mom was the first one you thanked specifically. Second, thanks for posting. We "faithful readers" like seeing the world according to Cody.